Congratulations to the Outstanding Class of 2012! | Schools
HUDSON, OH - The Hudson High School graduating Class of 2012 participated in the127th Hudson commencement ceremony at Akron's E.J. Thomas Performing Art Hall on Wednesday, May 30, 2012. Stephanie Lee, the daughter of Peter and Grace Lee, was named the valedictorian earning a GPA of 4.675. She will attend Columbia University in the fall. The class salutatorian is Jacob Hart with the second highest GPA of 4.596. Jacob will attend the University of Pennsylvania in the fall. 427 seniors graduated in the Class of 2012. The Class of 2012 accepted over $7 million dollars in scholarships and grants---including almost $240,000 from local organizations. Congratulations to the students, parents and teachers on a job well done!
Performers at the ceremony included, Courtney O'Keefe (cello), Vivian Feke and Kevin Farmer (duet), Maria Stadelman (speech), Leah Teutsch, Susan Washko, Matt Margida and Zach Winslow (quartet), and Stephanie Lee (piano). And, culminating the graduation ceremony, the Explorer Special Report, was hosted and produced by Cooper Geoke.
Presentation of Diplomas: Senior Class President John Henry Collins and Vice President Timothy John Staudt
Additional educational accomplishments and achievements of the Class of 2012:
- 136 graduates earned memberships in the National Honor Society
- 30 graduates earned memberships in the Arts and Theater Honor Society.
- 178 earned the State of Ohio Honors diploma - a very high standard that includes a 3.5 GPA and a 27 or higher composite score on the ACT.
- 186 earned the State of Ohio Award of Distinction earning a 3.5 or higher GPA.
- 212 earned the State Award of Merit for graduating with a 3.0 and higher GPA.
- 77 seniors graduated with a 4.0 GPA or higher.
- Top Ten Graduates: Stephanie Lee, Jacob Hart, Sara Crane, Catherine Cavoli, Laura Mummey, Sarah Rense, Michael Phillips, Kara Sosinski, Kimberly Longfellow and Taylor Kelly.
- 8 National Merit Commended students: Ian Broderick, Aaron Burne, Courtney Cleminshaw, Sara Crane, Kimberly Longfellow, Chloe Skinner, Kara Sosinski and Aexa Urbanic.
- 4 National Merit Finalists: Connor Eulberg, Stephanie Lee, Rachel Morrison and Sarah Rense.
- Other senior stand-outs were members of the Academic Challenge team, Science Olympiad team, finishing tops in our region and beyond.
- 22 NOC Championships
- 12 District Championships
- Participated in state final competitions on 17 occasions, culminating in 3 State-Runner-Ups and a State Championship.
- Jake Collins broke the school record for all-time goal scored in Hockey.
- Jimmy Dagley was named an All-Ohio and All-American swimmer.
- Laura Mummey was named to the All-Ohio Academic Team for Girls Basketball.
- Members of the orchestra, bands and choirs garnered superior rating at competitions this year.
- Service Learning seniors logged 12,889 hours of community service.
- National Honor Society members logged 7050 hours of community service.
- Jacob Browning received an appointment to the United States Military Academy at West Point.
- James Dagley, Thomas Maley, Sean Szoch, Westin Hart, David McCallops, Zachary Johnson, Connor Eulberg and Cyndi Campbell will attend various colleges on ROTC scholarships from the US Air Force, US Army and US Navy.
- Hannah Durak has committed to serve in the Army National Guard and David McClinsey has committed to serve in the United States Marine Corps.