2012 Summer Reading Program | Events
HUDSON, OH - Hudson Library & Historical Society's Annual Summer Reading Program has something fun for readers of all ages. Just register and read to be eligible for various prizes and drawings.
- Registration for the reading club begins on Monday, June 11th in the Children’s Library.
- Upon registering, club members will receive a bag containing everything they need to get started.
- Participants check out books, take them home to read, and record the amount of time that they spend reading or that someone reads to them.
- For each hour that a child reads, they will earn a turn on our special game board which could lead to all sorts of prize opportunities! Children can also earn coupons for a free McDonald’s Happy Meal, as well as discount coupons for Cleveland Cavaliers and Lake Erie Monsters tickets, and discount coupons for the Ohio State Fair.
REGISTER: In the Children's Library, starting June 11.
- Beginning June 11, you may stop in the Teen Room, register for the summer reading program and pick up your reading log.
- From June 11- August 4, you will record the time you spent reading.
- For every 5 hours of reading, you will receive a scratch-off ticket making you eligible for various prizes and drawings. Present your reading log to the teen librarian to receive tickets.
REGISTER: In the Teen Room, starting June 11.
Register either online or at the reference desk on the second floor of the library. The first 50 people to sign up for the club will be entered into a drawing for two tickets to any Porthouse Theater production this summer.
- To participate, patrons should first register then read any book or listen to any audiobook and fill out an entry form to be entered in the weekly prize drawing.
- Readers may enter as many times as they wish.
- All participants will be entered into the grand prize drawing.
- Prize winners will be notified by phone or email.
- Weekly winners will be drawn every Monday and the drawings for the grand prizes will be held on August 6.
- Participants must be 18 years or older and have a valid library card.
REGISTER: Online or at the reference desk on the second floor.