Hudson Green on the Green Day | Community Spirit
HUDSON, OH - Walk, run or ride a bike to the City’s Green on the Green Day on September 8, 2012 from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm on the Park Lane Green and Veterans Way Park. It will be a day of fun and educational activities with more than 25 exhibits to explore. Activities and events will be at both locations for adults, children, and pets to enjoy.
The event will provide educational information and demonstrate how to "Green" your life, from ways to recycle to green landscaping. Organizations and groups will offer information about rain gardens, rain barrels and organic landscaping. Hudson City Schools, Western Reserve Academy and Seton Catholic School students and teachers will show how Hudson students are learning about the environment. Attendees can learn about tree maintenance from the Hudson Tree Commission.
At Veterans Way Park, visitors will learn how preserving the environment was important to the planning of Hudson’s newest park. The City of Hudson is striving to preserve the environment. Come and enjoy the day!
• Recycling Fashion Show by Kent State University students from 10 am – 11am
• Electronic recycling collection from E-Waste at Veterans Way Park
• Help build a children’s garden at Veterans Way Park.
• Free curbside recycling bins
• CFL light bulb giveaways for Hudson Public Power customers
• Dr. Green Bee will present "How to Green Your Life"
• Pet activities, such as a dog pie-eating contest at 11:30 am, sponsored by Pet People
• Live music from high school students Lucas Kadish and Maggie Cox
• Recycling and composting demonstrations from Hudson Middle School and Western Reserve Academy
• Cleveland Metroparks Zoo will provide information about animals (no live animals) from 9 am – 11:30 am
• Summit County Beekeepers will display live beehive
• Announce the winner of the Environment Stewardship Award to a local business
Green on the Green was originally the City’s annual Earth Day event. This year, the event was moved to September to help promote environment education in our local schools. The Hudson Public Works Department, Hudson Parks Department, Environmental Awareness Committee, Hudson Tree Commission and Friends of Hudson Parks have worked together to invite environmental and "green" organizations to participate in this annual event.